AMBA's Vision for change
AMBA is a Training & Business Hub for adults with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities using Information Technology, Peer Training & Peer Supervision.
Intellectual Disability is a disability of the mind, with delayed developments that are diverse and hinder their capacity to go through formal education at any level. Brain injury in many cases causes associated physical disabilities, fits and seizures.
An Ashoka Fellow driven Social Enterprise, our ecosystem of learning and earning is adaptive, visual and functional, appropriate to their acumen, making them contributors to family & Society. Their lack of social skills limits them from working in mainstream companies, so AMBA collaborates with Special Institutions pan India & helps them evolve into hubs for learning & earning, using their infrastructure, administration & trainers, keeping overheads to a minimum. We call them AMBA Certified Partner Centers (ACPCs).
1. The AMBA Learning Model uses innovative teaching methodologies, using Information Technology for training intellectually disabled adults to perform back office data entry tasks for Industry.
The Founder of AMBA, Mrs Sugandha Sukrutaraj has authored the AMBA curriculum from scratch and further developments were made to the curriculum by the author by using the response from the peers registered at AMBA.
2. For an intellectually disabled person, being employable is life-changing and economically empowering.
3. AMBA partners with mainstream industries as a vendor to render back end data entry services.
4. Amba helps in creating an empowered society where the Intellectually Disabled can work on live client projects in a suitable and supportive environment.
5. AMBA's Hub and Spoke model spreads this learning and earning capability to organizations working with intellectually challenged adults across the country, and soon to the world.
Range of Services provided:
Customer Application Forms/Welcome Letters/Receipt Printing/Audit
We have been servicing the Indian Telecommunications Industry since 2004.Customer Application Form Data Entry online and offline
What is Intellectual Disability?
Intellectual Disability is a developmental disorder with extremely delayed milestones and very low cognitive ability. The challenge manifests in impaired ability to reason or recall, behavioural problems and very often results in all the associated challenges such as physical disability, seizures, speech and visual defects. The disability is seldom genetic, and for this reason it remains largely ‘invisible’ as appearances rarely show the disability.
The Reality of India’s Intellectually Challenged
30 million intellectually challenged adults in India with IQs below 80 live without the hope or capability of developing as professional, earning adults. Theirs is a life of existential dependence.
The intellectually challenged community is the most marginalised section of society in India. Most government schools accept and patronise this community up until the age of 14, following which they are entertained through non-earning vocational practices only until the age of 16. Aside of the years of ridicule that AMBA has to offset, the challenge we face lies in assuring that this community has the ability to independently ensure that their future is secure.
Spread the Word
Be the voice that this community needs. Tell your friends and family about us and become our champions.